I love this recipe! Buttermilk bread has a hint of sweetness with a touch of tang in every bite. The tender crumb just melts in your mouth. It is easy and quick to make. The best part of this recipe is its versatility. It’s is so easy to customize to your tastes. You can decrease the amount of sugar in it and serve it with a savory dish for dinner or add a pat of sweet butter on each slice for breakfast. Bake it with strawberries or your favorite fruit and add a dollop of whipped topping to create a delicious dessert. You can even add a bit of cheese and you have a tender and crispy crumb for your grilled cheese sandwich. As you can see, this is a very versatile bread.
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
Cook Temperature: 350 degrees F.
Adapted from: I Am Baker
- 2 cups (226 g) unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 cup (245 g) full fat buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar (you can decrease sweetness by using less sugar. Start with 2 Tbsp. and work your way up from there depending upon the sweetness level you are looking for)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the pan with a strip of parchment paper and spray the paper. This allows easy removal of the bread from the pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Gently mix and fold the dry ingredients into the wet, until just combined. Be careful not to overmix to avoid creating a dense crumb.
6.Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached to it.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve warm or cooled. The bread tastes the best when it is served warm.
Add a bit of butter or jam and you have a treat or serve it plain for a side dish. Add 2 cups of chopped fresh strawberries or a fruit of your choice, and you have a delicious treat.
Sweet Buttermilk Quick Bread is easy to make, sweet and tangy and the perfect base to create your own favorite versions. A tasty bite from our kitchen to yours! 💗