Grilled Pesto Turkey Burgers are seriously good! They are perfect when you are craving a juicy, flavorful and simple to make healthy burger. Our secret ingredient takes these burgers over the top. Serve them on a homemade toasted English muffin, a bun or eat them right off the grill just as they are.
Servings: 4 burgers
Cook Time: approximately 20-30 minutes
Cook Temperature: medium high heat on the grill
- 1 pound ground turkey burger
- 3 Tbsp. pesto (homemade or store brand. I prefer to use Costco pesto if we don’t have any homemade on hand)
- 3 Tbsp. tabbouleh (We make our own, see the link below, or you can use store brand of choice from the deli)
- 3 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro (remove the stems, just use the leaves)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your grill to medium high. Oil the grill grates if cooking on your outside grill.
- The burgers can be cooked on an inside grill or in a fry pan. If cooking the burgers in a fry pan, add a thin coating of oil, so the burgers won’t stick to the pan. Cook the burgers with the cover on until you flip them over. Then, remove the cover and finish cooking the burgers.
- Gently mix the turkey burger, pesto, tabbouleh, cilantro, salt and pepper together in a medium size bowl.
- Divide the burger mixture into 4 equal sections.
- Gently form each section into a ball. You are not trying to compress the burger mixture. Keep the burger as loose as you can while you form the ball shape.
- Gently, press the burgers down slightly to form patty shapes .
- Place the burgers on your prepared grill. Cook each side until brown and the middle is cooked to your desired taste. The burgers usually cook about 10 minutes per side. Check the inside of the burger to make sure that they are cooked to your taste.
Alright, the burgers are done! Grab your plate and let’s eat! From our kitchen to yours!💗