WCC cookies, (aka White Chocolate Chocolate Cookies) are soft and chewy with a chunk of white chocolate in every bite. They are a nice change from chocolate chip cookies. Oh, don’t get me wrong here! Chocolate chip cookies are amazing too. Treat yourself to a little bite of heaven. Grab a glass of milk or a cup of hot cocoa and start dunking.
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Servings: approx. 54 cookies
Bake Temperature: 350 degrees F.
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt (use 1/4 tsp. salt if using salted butter)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup Dutch Process Cocoa
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar (light brown can be substituted)
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Ghirardelli white chips (12-oz. pkg.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the softened butter and sugar. Beat until creamy, and lighter in color on medium speed (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla to the butter mixture. Beat on medium for about 1 minute until the eggs are incorporated and the dough looks creamy, and light in texture.
- On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. (flour, baking soda, salt , cocoa powder) mix just until blended. Avoid over mixing here.
- Add the white chips into the dough
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat baking sheets
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 8-10 minutes. The edges of the cookie should look set, while the middle looks underdone. The cookies will finish cooking on the baking sheet as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Then remove them to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
WCC Cookies are a delightful sweet treat to compliment a cold glass of milk or warm cup of tea/coffee. Eat one or two! From our kitchen to yours! 💗