Servings: 3 at two tacos per person
Prep Time: 45 minute
Author: Dan Chad
- 1 mango chopped into small pieces
- ½ large Spanish Onion chopped into small pieces
- 4 Roma (or small) tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium yellow or red bell pepper chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Mexene Chili Powder or one of your choice
- Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Grinder
- 8 oz. of a commercial salsa of your choice. We use one with mango it.
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded or cut into small pieces. A Mexican blend works well. We use a combination of Monterey Jack, Asiago and Cheddar.
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 medium sized breasts
- 6 corn tortillas
Mango Salsa Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped mango, onion, tomatoes, cilantro and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, salt, and chili powder and commercial salsa.
- Combine the contents of both bowls together and mix. Allow the salsa to marinate the flavors for 15 to 30 minutes before serving. The salsa can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Grilled Chicken Directions:
- Rub the chicken breast liberally with the Montreal seasoning rub
- Slice the breast into ¼ inch sliced strips
- Grill the chicken breast for about 5-7 minutes per side or until done to your preference.
Directions for Grilled Tortillas:
- Grill the tortillas on 1 side for about 2-3 minutes, enough time to add grill marks to one side of the tortilla.
- Flip the tortillas and move them to the upper rack of the grill away from the direct heat. Add the cheese (optional) and allow it to melt.
Add 2 chicken breast strips to each tortilla. Layer salsa on one side of the tortilla.
The Chicken Mango
Tacos are ready to serve! From our kitchen to yours! 💗